International Diploma in Food Preparation and Cookery Supervision – (Advanced) Level 5
The purpose of this qualification is:
- To provide the hospitality sector with competent employees who are able to work as chefs in intermediate positions producing complex dishes in a commercial kitchen.
- To provide individuals who are employed or will be employed as chefs in intermediate positions a qualification that will enhance their employment opportunities in a commercial kitchen across the hospitality sector.
- To implement established standards of professional practice for complex cookery that can provide customers with confidence in a range of hospitality environments.
- Supervise staff training
- Food safety supervision for catering
- Resource management in food preparation
- Menu planning and costing
- Global influences of eating & drinking
- Supervise food production
- Realistic work experience
- Advanced food & beverage event
- Advance applied food project
- Module 1: PC 501 International cuisine studies
- Module 2: PC 502 Advanced cold larder food production
- Module 3: PC 503 Advanced hot kitchen food production
- Module 4: PC 504 Kitchen operations
- Module 5: PC 505 Advanced menu planning and restaurant service
- Module 6: PC 506 Applied food service & event catering
- Module 7: PC 507 Realistic work experience
- Module 8: PC 508 Advanced applied food project
|Auckland||31st January 2022|
|Auckland||18th April 2022|
|Auckland||4th July 2022|
|Auckland||19th September 2022|
|Auckland||28th November 2022|
Duration: 2 years
-Year 1 Tuition fee : $19,500
-Year 1 Material and Resource fee : $2,000
-Year 2 Tuition fee : $12,000
-Year 2 Material and Resource fee: $1,500
Material and Resource fee include:
- Access to all school facilities and equipment during school hours or by arrangement with the tutor in charge after class hours
- Processing, recording and reporting of assessment results and personal data
- Training ingredients used in the practical classes
- Course work books and text books (If it is applicable)
- Student ID card
- Field trips (If it is applicable)
- Applicants must be 17 years of age or older
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) may be considered for candidates with good industry back ground. All RPL candidates are required to provide relevant proof of industry experience
- For whom English is not a first language must have an IELTS score (Academic) of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or an equivalent NZQA approved English language test.
On successful completion of this programme and having achieved all the graduate profile outcomes, graduates will be able to:
- Monitor and maintain health and safety, food safety and security practices to ensure own safety and minimize potential hazards for customers.
- Monitor and maintain effective communicate and interactions colleagues, other staff, managers and customers in a hospitality service environment.
- Monitor and maintain the application of standard operating policies and procedures to work roles in a commercial kitchen.
- Apply cookery skills to prepare, cook and present a range of cold larder dishes utilising complex preparation and presentation techniques.
- Apply cookery skills to prepare, cook and present a range of hot kitchen dishes utilising complex preparation and presentation techniques.
- Apply cookery skills to prepare, cook and present a range of patisserie and desserts utilising complex preparation and presentation techniques.