Certificate in Food and Beverage (Café and Bar Services) (Level 3)
The aim of this programme is to:
- Establish standards of professional practice for basic service that can provide customers with confidence in cafe and bar environments.
- Provide competent employees for the food and beverage sector who are able to prepare and serve food beverages in a café or bar environment.
- Provide graduates with the skills and knowledge (including literacy and numeracy) to confidently work in an entry level position in a café or bar environment.
Content and Subjects Covered:
- Identifying and preventing hazard
- Food Safety
- Host Responsibility
- Hospitality Security practices
- Deal with problems in hospitality establishment
- Communication with customers, colleagues and managers
- Cash Handling
- Customer Services
- Professional behavior
- Preparing and serving hot and cold beverages
- Basic café food preparation and service
- Health and Safety
- Understanding and using espresso equipment
- Prepare and serve alcoholic beverages
|Auckland||25th January 2021|
|Auckland||12th April 2021|
|Auckland||28th June 2021|
|Auckland||13th September 2021|
|Auckland||22nd November 2021|
Duration: 20 weeks ( including 2 weeks term break )
- Applicants must be 18 years and over, due to alcohol regulations
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be considered for candidates with good industry background to credit compulsory standards for entry to the programme.
- All RPL candidates are required to submit relevant proof of industry experience
English Language Entry
For whom English is not a first language must have an IELTS score (General or Academic) of 5.0 with no band score lower than 5, or an equivalent NZQA approved English language test.